Skip to main content
Department of Justice
Court and Tribunal Services
Court and Tribunal Services Header
Print page


Select an image to display the full size image in a new window.

The Collie Court House, built in 1913

Collie Courthouse

The Collie Courthouse was built in 1913 and is a heritage-listed building. In 1986 the building was partially destroyed by fire. The arsonists were never caught but the damage led to the building being renovated to include a new magistrates chambers, indoor toilet and a small kitchen.

These modifications were made to blend in with the heritage of the building. In 2012 the front verandah was replaced in addition to a complete refurbishment of the front office, during which time the disabled ramp was also replaced to improve access to the court building for the disabled.

The workload has fluctuated over the years and in 1998 the courthouse took on the role as agent for the Department of Transport which solidified the court's role in Collie. In 2017 the agency work for the Department of Transport was reallocated to the Shire Council.

The court is currently staffed by the clerk of the court and two part-time officers and is serviced by the magistrate from Bunbury one day per week.

Last updated: 10-May-2019

[ back to top ]

Home | Feedback | Privacy | Copyright and Disclaimer  | DoJ HR Kiosk | Webmail
Department of Justice |  About the Department | Births, Deaths and Marriages | Public Advocate | Public Trustee
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.