Skip to main content
Department of Justice
Court and Tribunal Services
Court and Tribunal Services Header
Print page

Find a Justice of the Peace In Your Area

If you need to have a document witnessed, the best place to go is a Document Witnessing Centre where a Justice of the Peace (JP) will assist you.

There are Document Witnessing Centres located at many metropolitan and regional locations. To locate a Document Witnessing Centre, go to the link below. The link shows centre addresses, phone numbers and opening days and times. It is recommended that you contact a centre before attending to ensure that a JP is available.

Search for a JP

If you are unable to attend a Document Witnessing Centre, you may contact a JP who lives or works in your area by using the search facility below. There are JPs in most suburbs and towns in Western Australia.

When contacting JPs, please note they are volunteers who provide their services to the community free of charge. While JPs make themselves available as much as possible, it should be remembered that JPs have the same type of work and personal commitments as any other person. Accordingly, you will need to negotiate a mutually acceptable time and place for appointment.

Enter either the suburb/town or postcode in the search boxes provided, do not enter both, then click on the search button below. A list matching your request will be displayed.


You may also search for a JP using any of the following criteria.

An automated telephone service is also available (1300 657 788) which provides information to locate a JP.


While all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the accuracy of the information published, this information is subject to advice provided by individual JPs.

In these circumstances, the Department cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.

If while attempting to contact a JP, the phone number appears to be incorrect, you may provide feedback preferably by email. Alternatively you may phone 9425 2896.

JPs wishing to update their address/contact details should do so by completing and returning the change of address and contact details form:

Change of Address and Contact Details Form (Word)
Change of Address and Contact Details Form (PDF)

Home | Feedback | Privacy | Copyright and Disclaimer  | DoJ HR Kiosk | Webmail
Department of Justice |  About the Department | Births, Deaths and Marriages | Public Advocate | Public Trustee
All contents copyright Government of Western Australia. All rights reserved.